Thursday, October 26, 2006

Cricket etc.

Well, the Windies are tired of beating up India in ODI's now. And to top it all off, today bashing was done in India, before a crowd of screaming Indian fans.

Mind you, the Windies were a bit shaky at the end, and did not prevail until 3 balls before the end, when Marlon Samuels hit a strange looking four down to third man.

Lara was obviously still playing with his back injury, and was dismissed awkwardly with a very silly shot, and I think he was in pain and could do not better.

Windies are now through to the semis, even though they still have another match in this round, against the limies, oops, I am sorry, I mean England, on Sunday.

So, for all of you non-cricketing bloggionistas, enjoy your weekend, party hard, play hard, but play safely.

Blog you later.

12 comments:

Rev Island said...

Yes Doc, It was mainly you that last sentence was for.

Anonymous said...

Not a big fan of cricket, but I like the way the West indies are performing. People are actually watching the sport again.

Melody said...

U mean England, but "limies" sounds so much cuter. Enjoy your weekend.

Rev Island said...

Melody

Here, Limies actually do not like being called that. But I say it all in good fun. Its all good.

Sreeraj Nair said...

India will not win the Champions Trophy or the World Cup.

Abeni said...

yeah,Windies own India.Unfortunately for me am missing all the games

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Oh shoots, you mean to say we winning and I miss it?

I keep thinking, well, at the last minute, our boys are going to quit winning...

Anonymous said...

No party for me, just more work!

Oce again W.I. disappoints us, beaten by England.

Rev Island said...

Stunner

West Indies has not dissapointed us at all. They are in the Semis where England is not. England have been eliminated. In WI's losing innings, two centuries were struck and ENgland had none. Your dissappointment is in vain, I am afraid. Teams have to lose some games. Pity that WI has the least home support.

Mad Bull said...

Thank God that you ar estill faithful, Sir R.I. Tell me, why don't the English like the name Limies?

Rev Island said...

I dont know MB, I have a few ideas, but I will let you know in person.

Anonymous said...

I'm with the West Indies for moral support. I heard the sport commentator say they are improving, and I'm with him for moral support too.......