Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Cricket, lovely cricket. Lovely for Shane Bond, anyway.

Jerome Taylor, one of the rising stars of West Indies Cricket, is pictured here.

Well, folks - did you see any of that test match that was played by Shando and crew?

Lara - 5 and ducks? Next Match, Brian. Time to kick some kiwi ass.

Despite the results of this first test and also the 4-1 defeat in the ODI's, I do believe the Windies are on the mend.

Fidel Edwards, Jerome Taylor and Dwayne r Bravo have brought back some bowling that we prefer to see, in improvement to some of their predecessors that came after Walsh and Ambrose.

Ganga, a batsman that gave me the cusses when he first came to the team, has found his nick in a big way, and of course Chris Gayle, have both begun to bring back to the Windies what true openers are supposed to to do, although they have a ways to get back to the opening stands of Haynes and Marshall when I was a teenager.

I would say watch out for the second test. Sleep in the day, if you are in the Western Hemisphere. That includes you Abeni.

Lastly, congrats to Shane Bond. Anyone who can get Lara out on the first ball is truly a world class bowler.

Hopefully bloggage again en Sabado o Domingo.

9 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

man i never really looked at cricket until i lived in south afria, they the flyest athelets around i tel u that bi=ut the games seem to last 4ever

Jdid said...

what can I say. the team still poor. Sarwan is a real joker. Every few matches somebody duz hit he in he head. I dont understand what sort of number 3 or 4 batsman he could be. FRom back when I was home efore he was on the west indies team everybody did know he cat hook, I stan at kensington an watch bradshaw bowl lil half pace bouncers at he an he get out. time for him to improve. either that or one of these days one of those lashes going to kill he. you could imagine viv getting hit like that, boy sarwan lucky that they invent helmets. chupse~

the damn boy said...

On the bright side, West Indies lose in more days rather than less, so they'll have more time to gwaan enjoy New Zealand while they're there. LOL.

By the way, the 06 Titan LE is absolutely orgasmic!!! Especially the ones in the colour red. I checked out the 06 version...IT HOT TO RHATID!! But I dont like the insides. Somehow, the black and silver doesnt match. If its interior is available in other colours, then it would be a real good buy for real.

But listen to me here talking as if I have any money. I can't even buy a bicycle. LOL!!

Mad Bull said...

When is the test, Sir Ri? Maybe I will try to catch some of it.

Abeni said...

As we speak Windies in pure strife and Bond eh even playing.Lara gone for another likkle score.Ri,do you check out www.caribbeancricket.com? Jdid,dekkah and I hang out over there too.

Unknown said...

I will not comment as I have written off the West Indies team all together.

Scratchie said...

No cricket for me....just passing through.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by, Ri.

Noticed an error in your page. You should remove the style tag before this line:
.comment-link margin-left:.6em;}

Was there a reason for having the style sheet internal rather than loading externally? I've not seen it done like this before.

Rev Island said...

Ria

I really would need someone else to resolve that.. I will ask Mad Bull when I see him next.