Monday, April 10, 2006

Quote of all quotes.


"If I am appointed by the Almighty to be Prime Minister, then all of you Christians must give support to the appointment of the Lord. If it is not done, the whip will not be drawn against me, because I am going to be carrying out His will."

Thus saith the "Rt. Rev." Hon. Portia Lucrecia Simpson Miller, as she stood in a Kingston church a few short days ago.

Well, the new Jamaican Prime Minister has started out with all guns blazing. Pictured above, she exudes an image of one person consumed by the holy spirit. I am sure some of you already saw this picture.

God Bless her. And more importantly, God bless Jamaica.

*********************************************************************************


Next Subject

What a stupid show that "wife swap" is!

Now, their advertising one reality show where some young guys are choosing between abstinence and their hormone charged girlfriends so that they can become priests. In the ad, one of the priest candidates is agonising over falling in love with some gyal whilst he is considering the (Catholic) priesthood.

I will try to avoid that show, thank you very much.

*************************************************************************

Next Subject:

Cricket, lovely West Indies Cricket. Do you know its amazing, I asked everyone to rally round the Windies, and they still got a couple of boos.

Its amazing. This pastes a grim picture of the future for Chando.

Regardless of anything, it is not the way to improve our cricket, I am insisting. Somewhere deep inside all our troubles, is a European (at Digicel, maybe?) who is orchestrating a "divide an conquer" policy against the Windies. And we are too blind to see it.


************************************************************************

Last subject, more serious:

My parents were in a car crash yesterday. Some young idiot was overtaking a line of cars coming from the West Bay direction down the new Esterley Tibbetts highway. My parents were going in the other direction. The guy, driving a Ford Escape SUV, hit my parents into a deep ditch. Some tourist ended up pulling my parents out, as they were afraid the car was going to sink into some water which was behind the car.

My mother remains in hospital with a badly bruised shin, a nasty cut on her hand with stitches, and some chest and back pains. I expect her out like tomorrow or Wednesday 12th.

Interestingly, my parents were driving a Mazda Tribute SUV which is actually the same vehicle as the Ford Escape, with slighly different trim etc, and different branding. I went to the Traffic Dept today and saw them both. Both are rightoffs, I would say, especially the Escape.

I will surf thru a couple of your blogs now.

8 comments:

Jdid said...

whoa! glad that it wasnt anything more serious with your parents. thank god!

Abeni said...

Happy to hear the parents are okay-it could have been worse.Wife swap is really silly as are most of the reality shows.

the damn boy said...

Sorry to hear about your parents. Its even worse that it happened to both. Real sorry about that. I hope they recover well quickly.

I heard of that reality show stuff a few days ago. Well, the concept seemed kinda ...eh. Might or might not watch. But you're right, "Wife Swap" is utter crap!

Portia is really going to need the Lord. Nuff said!

Mad Bull said...

Rahtid! Glad your parents are ok. Damned mad drivers! >8-<

Jdid said...

whoa so chanders jump or was he pushed?

Rev Island said...

He resigned. But I believe it was for the same reason I wrote about. No support. Everyone just loves to sling mud because the team loses. The captain needs unequivocal support. I dont care if its a blind man who is captain.

Unknown said...

Yeh Sista P need all the blessing she can get!

Hope your parents recover soon. Wah happen to the idiot? I hope he goes to jail! That's the main cause of fatal accidents in Jamaiaca. Some dumb ass feels like overtaking a line of vehicles.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Only this week an SUV belonging to some embassy almost wiped us off the road. I was scared...I can imagine the terror your poor parents were in. I hope they're okay now, physically and emotionally.

Man, I don't know what to say about the Windies, I get so vex. I would love to sit and talk with them to understand what is going on...it's not our support they need, it's their mental fortitude they need to work on. Cho.

Lawd help Jamaica, it'll need a lot of prayers and smart, hard working, govt. ministers with integrity.