Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Rally round the West Indies

Heed the call by Rudder, and Rally 'round the West Indeees.

Folks,

I had to attend a meeting and missed most of the session after tea on the 5th day of the Test, however we have escaped from the Jaws of Jonah's whale, after India pulled off a magnigicent recovery in the second innings, and in our 2nd innings all 11 West Indians had to bat, including 2 of our pace bowlers who had to face 19 balls and survive, and produce one thriller of a draw.

Sorry I had to miss the end of it, but there you go.

For those of you awaiting the bandwagon, we may not need you, since when we return to our glory most of our fan base will be international - however you will still be welcome, though there are late fees involved -

Onto the next test, the Shaq and Heat and the Dirk and the Mavs, and of course the World Cup.

I was thinking of putting a TV into my office for the Cup, but with the 2nd test on Saturday, I might need 2 - but Mrs. RI ain't having any of that nonsense.

Anyway it has been raining here every day - the season is here folks. I wont use the "H" word - but folks, please get ready, you know how it works.

7 comments:

Abeni said...

Yup,yuh notice the test match ended like some the ODIS.

Who you rooting for Heat or Mavs?

Rev Island said...

I am rooting for the Heat, although I am very impressed with the Mavs - they have gone ahead 1-0.

Mad Bull said...

Heat? Mavs? Which countries are those? You are talking about the World Cup, right? I mean, what else could a sports fan find to talk about nowadays??

Unknown said...

Well if Heats wins, at least they will accomplish their reason for buying Shaq!

Enjoy your cricket and World Cup.

Rev Island said...

I did not think it was possible for a Bull, especially a Mad one, to bury his head into the sand. Come on now, bull, b-ball is huge for me too! Mavs are up 2-0 by the way. Shaq is in trouble. Windies in even bigger trouble.
Sorry Togo lost that match this morning. Is that enough sports for you?

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I rootin' for David Rudder.

dorna! said...

Geez another Windies-India draw.