Monday, August 28, 2006

First World Cricket hypocrisy

When I am not in full focus on bodacious babes , I fancy a good game of cricket.

The NFL pre-season has started, but I have not yet watched a full game. Hopefully when the season begins in earnest I will be ready to go.

But, back to cricket, here is an article by Mikey Holding, for those of you who are cricket afficionados. Finally, someone has spoken up about the double standards employed by the 'cricketing establishment'.

Amazingly, I have not seen a single article or read a single report in which Darrel Hair, the Australian umpire in the middle of the controversy, sets out which Pakistani player tampered with the ball, and what are the particulars of such tampering. He really needs to quit, and I believe by his offer to do so (along with a payment) he has admitted wrongdoing. He must go, in my view.

It seems it is no coincidence that he was the same umpire who cited Murali in 1996 for throwing. Believe me, when England, in particular, see Murali grinning, they go dizzy with fright.

They can stand when Murali tears them apart with his spin, which is better than Shane Warne's, despite the stats.

Here, is another example of the snotty behaviour of the 'cricket establishment'. Australia has asked for the umpires at the Ashes to be local. Seems to me they want no Asians or West Indians - What do you think?

Look at cricketing in South Africa, Australia & New Zealand. The instances of indigenous persons playing for those nations have been few. This is not purely because their previous colonisers introduced the game.

Do you think it was a coincidence that Ntini, the first Black African to play for South Africa, was wrongfully convicted, then acquitted of rape?

Amazing, the amount of 'politics' in cricket. One could go on for ages.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah. Cricket is originally a white man's game, so I guess there's still a little racism left in it. I guess they don't trust foreigners.

Unknown said...

I heard about that whoule umpire mixup, but I haven't payed it much attention, as I am not really a cricket fan.

But is seems once again racism has raised its ugly head.

Abeni said...

I dunno what hair saw if anything but Pakistan cricketers have a rep for cheating so I wont be surprised about anything to do with them

Gela said...

Whenever I complain that cricket is the most boring game in the world and list the merits of football, my stepfather would say it's a gentleman's game. He'd go "yu notice yu don't have ten hundren men bungle up together, like hooligan"

Scratchie said...

I am not really a fan of the sport but I hear the flurry of discussion on the radio in the mornings. Seems nuff nuff politics involved for real.