Friday, March 09, 2007

Cricket, etc.

Well, as I write India is defending a soft target of 85 all out, set by the West Indies. Well, I, along with millions of other West Indies fans, are used to this by now.

The only problem with it is that the more this type of performance (does it deserve to be labelled "performance"?) continues, then the more fans become dissillusioned with the West Indian team.

I saw Australia just a while ago, at Arnos Vale, replying to England's 198. Hopefully Australia beats them, I suppose that is a predictable attitude from me. England must go down!

The tear gas incident in Trinidad wasn't nice either. What the hell is going on? Did the local organising committee let the Pakistan and South Africa teams know that there was an ongoing industrial dispute at the particular hotel they were staying in? I would like the answer whether or not the tear gas was related to the dispute -

Hopefully matters progress positively in WCC 2007 - no matter who wins.

By the way, how are folks supposed to pay these ticket prices for WCC? Amazing. Its clear they don't want certain people, although I know the ICC controls a lot of these things.

This article is in the Star in Jamaica, which is a bit on the "rag" side of journalism, but it ain't nice, none the less. There a number of serious things arising out of this.

I have asked women with weave and other hair cintings why they are often patting their head - and one in particular told me that it was so as not to scratch it, because some of the hair might come undone, or drop out to rass! Just another one of those curious things.

Blog you again soon..

6 comments:

Unknown said...

As usual I man bun out cricket, all thanks to the WI poor excuse for a team!

Mad Bull said...

Wait, you resurrect pon the street and pon the internet?! Wow!

Abeni said...

Windies really stink up the place Friday. I put up a post bout it..stupes.

That weave story is kinda funny..I don't wear them so I can't comment on if is true or not

Anonymous said...

Oh Lord, the cricket commentary on the blog start back!

Awright Ri, enjoy the season, latah.

Unknown said...

I can't tolerate any more Windie s crap. I'll start watching when they deserve to be called a team. As for the gays and the Razr, looks like every one has their price.

Jdid said...

at least they won the first real match vs pakistan