Sunday, April 01, 2007

Cricket is lovely, but only for the Aussies, Kiwis

3 consecutive defeats for the Windies.

Well - this is a downhill ride at the moment. Recriminations after the loss to the Kiwis - with the public accusations made about Lendl Simmons being included, I did not think it would have been possible to win today against Sri Lanka playing any 11 players. Players go into matches thinking about things like that. Leave that to the foreign press - but we do not need such backbiting from within, and from no less than a former Windies fast bowler.

So - who do you like - is it Aussie or Kiwi -I dont know I think Australia will win this. They are very tough.

A well known columnist in Jamaica (who I have quoted here before) said that the Windies are "lacking in cerebral activity". Whoa - harsh, even if true. Well the truth does sometimes hurt. As Simon Cowell says, it does not help to give people false hope.

Well I am headed to a family reunion in Jamrock next month. The organiser, a distant relative who I have never met, seems to be caving under the pressures of organisation. She has 80 people booked, and she has been receiving demands for lower catering prices, and at the same time she is being asked for more services at the event, e.g. professional videographer/photographer etc. I emailed her and told them just do what she can - she is being helped by my cousins in Jamrock on this.

Looking forward to Windies cricket - there is life after the World Cup -

Have a good holy week - and happy Easter when it comes - I have a busy week coming up- even if a short one due to Good Friday being a holiday.

5 comments:

Jdid said...

all the best for the easter season. I've given up on windies this world cup. they just not playing as a unit right now.

Anonymous said...

Ausi all the way... I too have given up WC hope. I just wish we could say we did our best...

~Trouble

Mad Bull said...

Have a nice Easter and enjoy yourself down in Jamaica.

Unknown said...

The WI team didn't disappoint me at all, I didn't expect anything else!

Hope yuh have a grand time when you come down to Jamdown.

Abeni said...

happy easter..well the windies got a lifeline now Sa lost..let's see if they can make use of it