Friday, May 12, 2006

Cricket again, one of my many loves


"Loves?" Well, this is the bloggosphere, so anything goes. Let down your inhibitions, and then the comments may come like bangarang.

It is not only that Zimbabwe is weak, folks. They have some good players. Inexperienced, yes, but they are not to be scoffed at, even if they were beaten by the UWI Chancellor's IX.

It is that we are improving. I cannot and will not stop harping about Runako Morton. He will excel against India. Look at the debut by Dave Mohammed. We now have strong cricketers. The numbskulls on the WICB won't hold them back forever.

And Jerome Taylor, what do you think folks.

I am just here noting a quick post on a Friday afternoon. I just absorbed, I mean drank a beer in several seconds. See Runako Morton, trust me, he will spend the next few days getting ready for India. India, no doubt, are ranked number 3 by the ICC and are not coming here to mess about. All the best Windies.

And another thing. Folks, let's be positive about the captain.

8 comments:

Mad Bull said...

Not knocking Zimbabwe, but beating them is not really a feat. I will cheer when we do better against stronger opposition. Thanks for posting again quickly. See, you can do it! :-)

Abeni said...

Agree with Mb.Morton,I hope he can carry the NZ form into the India games.Windies will need it

Jdid said...

always the optimist i see. i gave up on that years ago. the team still piss poor. cant really judge any of these performances cause zimbabwe couldnt beat a bajan second division team right now. India will be the real test

Unknown said...

WI beating Zimbabwe isn't a noteworthy feat in my book. Mi still a bun fia fi WI team!

dorna! said...

Hullo there, completely OT; just found you through Scratchie's blog. Question: "Love my truck, love my family, love my boat, love the ladies" Would that be in order of importance? :P

Scratchie said...

Hailage, RI...just passing through

Rev Island said...

No dorna

Actually the boat should be deleted because after 8 years I sold it at Easter.

My family is first, then the ladies. How's that sound?

Mad Bull said...

Hey, Ri? How did you like the win by the Windies today? I didn't see the match myself, though I did watch cricket. I stopped by to watch a certain bank playing against a C&W U19 team by the pitch by the airport. It was almost a sad day of cricket for me as Chris barely missed breaking my windshield with one of his "six"es... Since you love "the ladies" as well, you should check out my post on the subject...