Monday, May 22, 2006

If all else fails, Windies cricket will add to your stress

Folks

I hope you watched Saturday's thriller when the Windies beat India by one run. The margin does not matter, a win is a win.

I do not agree with some of my bloggionistas who have commented that the team is "piss poor". Such an assessment is unfair, if not unforensic.

Congrats to captain Lara and man of the match Ramnaresh Sarwan for an unbeaten ninety something. However it was dissapointing to see Chanderpaul, Lara, Gayle, Morton, Baugh and everyone else fail with the bat. Look forward to Tuesday in St. Kitts.

The Indian coach, Gregg Chappell, and indeed their captain, Rahul Dravid, have both commented that the Windies team has excellent players. Chappell says that the Windies have simply forgotten how to win. I believe that is true, however I also sense the beginning of a rebuild, and let it be known to all of you doubting Thomas bloggionistas, I will be there until it happens. I will not jump on the bandwagon when the time comes. But you all will be welcome to do so at that time.

Edwards, Taylor, Bradshaw, Gayle, Samuels - between those four, any batting attack has to be cautious. Our bowling strength is in pace, whereas India's bowling strength is spin. Harbajan (aka the Turbanator) can really deceive with that slow bowling.

Dorna had a nice post today with a bungling robber joke. Surf through that blog and you will see things less stressful than West Indies cricket. Yet, me and millions of dedicated fans continue steadfastly to be the advocates for the Windies. One day, I will have the last laugh. I am not that old, I will be alive.

4 comments:

Shalu said...

who do u think will win the series.
http://www.EstressHelp.com

CoolDestiny said...

I'm so glad I'm not a cricket fan!

dorna! said...

Man, considering all the drama this team has gone through, I'll take any win any which way they can manage.

Oh and thanks for the plug. ;)

brooklyn babe said...

Go Lara!