Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Sarwan 115 not out! West Indies Cricket fan wannabes wake up!


Well the series is not yet finished, but for those of you in self-induced oblivion, the Windies soundly defeated India by 4 wickets today in the 3rd ODI held in in St. Christopher (AKA St. Kitts).

The Windies waited until the last over to seal the deal, in fact they waited until the penultimate ball, however, the victory, or a close finish anyway, was in sight (but not secured) from around the 35th over.

This is such an important matter that I am not waiting until the end of American Idol to finish typing it. I barely even saw what happened on AI. I saw one ridiculous pink jacket - Taylor should lose just for that to rass - but I believe he is a better singer than Katherine, whereas Katherine has a better stage presence. Someone please blog about it because me deh pan cricket right now.

Many of you that commented did not think the the West Indies could have won any games against India, but now they have won 2. I believe West Indies will win this series. (I won't go as far as Ja'can PM Simpson Miller and claim the Windies are appointed by God, but I am confident anyway. Neither will I say that all cricket fans must follow them, etc.)

There is a commentator called Jeremy Coney (former kiwi batsman). What a moron. From beginning to end, he has been hating us. He even once referred to India and said "we need to get more wickets".. he was totally missing from the closing ceremony and summary. Once, when we were about 17 runs from winning, he said "I hate to say this to WI fans, but I have seen the WI lose from this position before". The croud at Basseterre should have heard him (but they had no time for that, they were busy whining) and trampled him to rass, or at least knocked over his cup of tea and doused him with some Carib.

The replay showed that Umpire Rauf's LBW decision to end Shiv's innings at 58 was wrong. But, umpires have to look at things from the other end, in real time. My view, all LBW's should be referred to the 3rd umpire. So, just when either Jeff Dujon or one of the commentators was saying that this ump had a good day at the office, well, if we had lost, Rauf could have been responsible.

Again, I was sorry to see Lara and Morton fail with the bat -

On to Trinidad - watch it with me, folks, I believe we are looking good for this ODI series.

Instead of messing with our captain, try out today's vital error by Rahul Dravid (that's the Indian captain for those of you who prefer styroid driven "sports") messed up.

With more than 5 overs to go, he exausted the 10 over allocations of bowling by Powar and Harbajan (aka the Turbanator). Then, to the delight of Sarwan, Chanderpaul and others, he but back in a pace attack which I believe is worse than the Zimbabwe pace bowlers. (Do you remember Reon King, Merv Dillon and others who came in after Walsh and Ambrose? Well Dillon and King are better than India's fast bowlers.)

Then, Ramnaresh, the latest West Indian institution, blasted a huge century. He got 100 on his 100th ODI. And don't forget this, during a very threatening innings by India, Rammy also got a wicket bowled. I'd never seen him bowl before.. I was in paradise.

All bandwagonnists will be warmly welcomed, even you dissapear into the shadows if we don't do well at next years much vaunted World Cup.

NBA is on as well folks, well, I will watch some now until the disco at Bedrock calls..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

indians deserve to lose..sarwan rocks. http://www.jiyocricket.com

Abeni said...

Great innings !I missed all but 7 balls of the match though.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

When dem trounce australia then i goin to say, yes, de windies come back hehehe

Mad Bull said...

Yeh, big up to the Windies, big time! Mr. Ri, its now 09:21pm and up to now, my relief hasn't come, even though the shift change is long overdue >:-(
It seems like all I/T support matters will have to be postponed until tomorrow...

Scratchie said...

I still say is buck up :D...don't knock the non-believer

Jdid said...

well congrats to them on winning th series. I wont jump on the bandwagon though, seen too many ups and downs lately to get terribly excited. glad they beating india the number 3 in the world though it shows lots of potential for us. now we need to stay focused and show consistency.