Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Bloggism

I thought I had done a post, to rass! Its not even saved as a draft. I wonder if Blogger ate it?

I wonder what happened to it? Maybe, like some of these hot Latinas around town, it lurks deep within my fantasy, but ain't nuttin happenin yet.

These curious words by someone who is supposed to be a minister of government are reminiscent of George Bush's words in relation to Iraq. Policies (or the execution thereof) are failing, therefore the answer is to "stay the course". Like Alice in Wonderland, this is "Curiouser and Curiouser".

Well, I once read someone's blog that said one ought not to apologise or comment on not posting for a long time, but I dont follow anyone else's standards, so I will say: Boy its a long time I havent posted. Tell you the truth I hardly have space in my mind for it, even if physically there is time to do it.

Hope to make it to Jamrock in May, even though I know that will definitely be political season, or "silly season" as it is called there. Its just a short weekend trip for a reunion. Hope to catch up with some of you. I'll be staying somewhere around Knutsford Blvd, most likely.

Hope you folks are doing ok - As you can see January is done, and I hope it treats you well.

My studying London bloggofile, Teenage perfectionist, has got some serious subject matter, so I would implore all of you to surf on in and give her some love.

Those of you who are Jamaicans, or at least Jamrockcentric, do you notice how the term "diaspora" has spread like wildfire? I mean the word always existed, but I have to say that now it is a cliche. It sounds like some kind of affliction to rass!

Out.

10 comments:

Teenage Perfectionist said...

Ahhhh, Thanks for the love Ri, yuh nuh easy at all lol. Im glad you like the topic. Stay sweet honey.:)

Unknown said...

Yeah. Blogger can be unpredictable at times. I never noticed it but disaspora really is becoming cliche.

Abeni said...

Nah you ent banned..lol.Happens at times with me too that I can't comment on some blogs. Seems the Min just run out of ideas

Unknown said...

Blogger does know how to ^@#%#^%$ itself with people at times.

Don't worry about not posting in a while, I have been an absentee myself.

Mighty Afroditee said...

Maybe you could take some medicine to make you regular ; )

Anonymous said...

Dude, your Teenage Perfectionist has some serious self-image and insecurity issues. I'm glad she took down her rant against Indian women.

Teenage Perfectionist said...

And Im glad you wrote that thing as anonymously (ok so I dont know why I just said that). I feel bad for you. I pray that God will bless you in the best ways possible. I love you darling. Oh,by the way, you cannot anticipate going through life without issues, and that is what MY BLOG is for. I do have happy times, but whenever I have a messed up day, I write about it. Its like therapy for me.I think I am slowly passing that phase though (Im only 18 lol). I guess going to church helps a lot. I do not expect everyone to agree with my articles. I dont write for people, as I said before, its MY BLOG, so I write for myself. Im glad other people read it though:). Oh well, I hope some day you will understand me. Not many people did while I was in high school(long story),anyway, if you think my blog is depressing, you have not been reading a lot of others. Believe me, Im good, Im perfect compared to some other bloggers man! Im also really happy that I have a blog, it helps me a lot to express myself and get understanding replies than to just tell anybody on the streets, who will probably use my insecurities against me (maybe like what you are doing?) you know.
Um, oh yeah, about that article, I took it down because of my own self issues as you mentioned. I know personally that in life, not everyone will agree with what I do. But, I guess I just couldnt stand the criticism (I admit..see Im growing up (hooray!). Im young and frankly it just reminded me of some times in high school that I dont want to remember. That incident, of course will not stop me from posting other stuff I feel strongly about. Im growing up, not just physically (I turn 19 in March by the way) but mentally as well. I, however will not apologize for posting that and offending people. Im a future lawyer, and frankly the majority of my job is going to offend people. I guess I just have to get use to it. Anyway, have a nice day you gorgeous folks...especially you 'anonymous' **muah**
By the way, Im a girl...good luck finding one who didnt dislike something about herself as a teenager lol.

Anonymous said...

Well said! I wish you all the best, Teenage Perfectionist. May age give you both wisdom and the ability to love yourself and accept yourself for who you are, no matter how flawed you are. To hate other people for their colour or ethnicity is both frightening and backward, but you had the wisdom to take it down, so I give you props for that!

Teenage Perfectionist said...

Thanks anonymous and I didnt hate them. But if you want to believe that then be my guest. I love the fact that you attempt to conceal a distasteful comment with kind words. Oh well, I always knew that I lived in a society where most people dont care about anyone but themselves.I could never come to terms with it and I still cant. Its okay though. I know that God has something better in store for me. I do love myself. A lot. As I said before, when I have a bad day, thats when I write about it. I would never discriminate against others based on anything at all, whether it be colour or ethnicity.You just misinterpreted what I had written and you refused an explanation. Oh well...

Teenage Perfectionist said...

By the way, I wonder why you chose to talk bad about me on somebody else's blog. Somebody who was actually saying something good about me. Isnt that a little hypocritical. Dont worry, I understand, society is sooo full of hypocrites. Blast me all you want sweetie, but think about it first.