Monday, January 23, 2006

Domino lingo

Notice, for those who live to tediously dissect grammar, that "domino" was not pluralised in the title. So love it or leave it, is all I can say.

Quiet long weekend for me here in paradise. I played 2 person dominos on the patio with my son today. I enjoyed using the South Sound domino lingo used by my friends.. it like this -

"S!" (short for one, or Ace)

"Deuce in your caboose" (two)

"tree in yuh pee pee" (three)

"Four"

"Feva docta patient low" (Five)

"Sex" or "Sexual healing" (six) - ok I did not teach my son that one.

"Blank in yuh shank".

Every time I wanted him to pass I said "Enter the Dragon" or "Enjoy the Buffet" until he got tired of me and complained, and I had to shut up.

But, this afternoon, like lady justice, wifey returned the "favour" I did when I went out last Friday by taking him out and leaving me with my sleeping 2 year old, so I decided to do this post.

I am still hoping for an ace up the sleeve, I think I will play the music loudly so he will "accidentally" wake up, then I will drop him to the park, where she is with my six year old, her sister and my nephew, Boogie.

Or, maybe not, perhaps I will lay low and wait..

7 comments:

Abeni said...

LOL,dat plan may backfire on you

Mad Bull said...

Take my fool-fool advice... Let sleeping boys lie.

Unknown said...

Careful, you might get more tha you bargained for!

Rev Island said...

She actually came back, left my older one, also sleeping, and left to b.c.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

HAHAHA, I hope you did let sleeping boys lie.

Thanks for the link...I could've sworn I added your link some weeks ago when I was adding more Caribbean ones...grrr, this slow internet bugs me!!!

Rev Island said...

Or sometimes, its "five in yuh bee hive"

Jdid said...

too much of our domino lingo i cant repeat in decent company lol