Monday, January 09, 2006

No title for this bloggage


Bloggage is at an all time low. I think I am overwhelmed. I am in my last week at my job so I think I am either depressed or exhilarated to the point of speechlessness.

I am glad I shot this one out before I was, lets say, invited so to do by some of my usual commentators, whose commentary I appreciate.

My father in law is still at the hospital, having been there from 28 November with a stroke. He is being released possibly this week, either to someone's house (maybe mine) or a nursing home.

Between the death of his wife in September (which is when I started this Blogging nonsense) and his illness, it seems I have spent the last several months in and out of the hospital.

This article by Tamara Scott Williams is interesting. Did any of my Caribbean crew come across any haughty Caribbean visitors during the holiday period (returning home for Christmas and blingin it up?)? I have seen some here, but its less conspicuous, for various reasons. I will do my best to maintain my "social graces and deportment" to steal the words of the Observer's article.

Mind you, I would be the last one to have wanted to miss that hilarious account on today's post by the Doc. Nothing like some cowitch to get in the way of some lovin..

So, on the other had, regular updates on your double dates (and single ones too) would probably be better than the politricks.

Damian Marley will be here this weekend - not sure if I will make that one, but maybe The Bull will - I will get a report from him or someone else, I am sure.

At least everyone was itching and not just one person.

Nice smiley pic of Halle above. Blog you all later...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a serious stroke man. The distress of old age.

Fi real, Dr,D's experience was really funny.

Yow Halle look good star!!!

Abeni said...

yeah heard a returning native with similar attitude in a restaurant.

Hope your father in law improves

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Hello RI, I hope your father-in-law recovers well. He might if he gets the right diet and someone to go with him for walks [I'm a great believer in the healing power of walks].

Man, I don't know, I read that article about J'ca and hope it ain't true.

Rev Island said...

Doc

That wud was too technical for me. Papa has improved a bit in that he is awake more and he is swallowing liquid food with a syringe, rather than the tube thing thru his nose and down into his belly. He is still bed bound, though, cant walk and cant talk.