Thursday, January 19, 2006

Weekend is here folks

There is hardly any time to sleep - one has to make time for incidental matters such as sleep, given all the tasks that I have conjured up as being more important. Now, of course, there are a few important exceptions.... and blogging did not make the cut, unfortunately

I heard a broadcast of Jamaica's outgoing Governor making a speech this week at the National Prayer Breakfast. As a man of ninety-odd years, this man sounded very well, and he delivered his speech in a very inspirational way, and at one point he even said "Say Amen everybody".

Folks, along with a Member of Parliament, I went to Buttonwood Club last night. I had not visited that place in about 20 years. Basically a bar with all latina bombas as bartenders and waitresses. I left early, because I had passed through my usual haunt before that, the Office Lounge.

Nice time, 2 conference NFL championships tomorrow - seems a bit wide open, no one seems to be the clear favourite, since the 2 favourites, the Colts and the Patriots, were actually eliminated before. Are you ready for some football!

Enjoy your weekend and keep me posted on the runnins.

8 comments:

Angry Dog said...

Well Ri, I have to say that I'm definately looking forward to the Steelers going to the superbowl :)

Rev Island said...

Yes, I like the Steelers. I just have not seen the Seahawks much so I do not know what they are like.

Mad Bull said...

So, ri? Is Buttonwood worth a visit? Are the ladies really bobbas, or are you just being courteous?

Rev Island said...

Super Bowl is 5 Feb in Detroit. Today will be the 2 semi finals, or conference championships as they call them.

Rev Island said...

Bull, most of those gyals were actually rated between 7.5 and 10. One or 2 were 3-5. But one of the 3-5 was paying me lots of attention, so I figure, better 3-5 than zero.

Abeni said...

that's the spirit man-3.5ers need luv too:)

Anonymous said...

Ri, glad you like the steelers! They're on their way to Detroit!
-randy in Pittsburgh

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I like them old folks, I went to the thanksgiving gathering of one 90 yr. old lady on Sunday.

'Say amen everybody' is great.