Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The NFL is a lot more than just hype.

Well, I see that my good bloggionista, Doctor D has lamented the lack of a post-game Super Bowl "report" from me, whilst still repeatedly pointing out he does not give a shyte about the game. I suppose he wants the report so that he can then say he does not give a shyte... or is a love for the American game lurking within him.. ?

I can say this.. Dr. D.. it is not fortuitous for one person (i.e. you) to watch the game in 3 locations. I am suggesting there is an affinity which you need to release!

I will stop now. Just kidding, Doc.

I will comment on the game briefly. The team I was rooting for won. There were a few strange referee calls, which will cast a bit of a cloud, but it does not matter, the Steelers won. Sad to lose Jerome Bettis , to well deserved retirement but after a 14 year career, he deserves it. I heard that the Seahawks may lose Shaun Alexander, that would be sad as well, but such is the nature of professional sports. 6 Million per year is not hype.

Folks, this is a quickie (would that it were a real quickie) I will post again tomorrow I hope, but no promises.

7 comments:

Abeni said...

Which baseball team is your fave?

Rev Island said...

Doc

Well the Texas millionaire Sanford is putting millions into it, and the WICB, in their infinite wisdom, want to interfere, and want everything done thru them, after the fine job they have done in putting the WI at the bottom of the heap. Sounds like the 4 way circus in Jam (but not as bad). Having put Jam a certain way, that is the track record that the 4 clowns are saying that should justify their return to power.

Sunny

I like the direction your comment is taking. But like I said to Trouble, i.e. that hairy someting is better than no something, a quickie is better than nothing.I will say no more for now, since all are reading it.

Kami

I like baseball, but have not watched much in years, I used to like the yankees, and recently the Marlins, but I have not watched any for a couple of years, to be honest.

Scratchie said...

Just a hail up...like doc I still have not developed an appreciation for american "football".

Angry Dog said...

Well, my team (Go Steelers) won the superbowl, so I am quite happy (and paid too!)

Jdid said...

first half was well boring though. wasnt a big fan of this superbowl plus halftime show wasnt that good. no didnt expect the janet nudity but who can understand mick jagger's mumbling.

Unknown said...

Din't watch the superbowl, but I heard the Steelers stole away with the championship.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Man, what happin to cricket?