Monday, February 20, 2006

Not feeling very revolutionary..

Folks

It is a quiet Monday Morning. I went to East end on Saturday all day, helping my in-laws with the preparation of their house for my father in law's return home from hospital. All of Sunday I was tyad, to rass. My back was feelin it.

We assembled a hospital bed, removed a bed which was about 50 years old and HEAVY. It was on a wooden base which was not moved after Ivan, and when it was removed, there was a perfect, square shaped mixture of mud and sand from Ivan, that bastard.

By the way, my caribbean and Florida bloggers, do you realise we are less than 16 weeks away from hurricane season. Especially for those in Cayman, are you really ready? How many things did you wish you had on September 13th, 2004? Do you have a generator yet? How about a portable water tank, with say 2000 gals capacity? How about all of the car phone chargers, extension cords, batteries etc. The list goes on and on, and the US based recommendation of having food and water for 3-7 days went out the window completely - that was not near enough in Cayman.

How about gasoline containers? Do you have those? How about travel documents out of here, including visas to the US (in our case we would need to go to Jam for that).

Is it too early to start talk about hurricanes? The guys who were fixing my roof tiles, they worked for about 3 days in November, then came back last week and finished it. Such is the nature of those rude boys. They will booming for many more years.

I would invite my Jamaican bloggionistas to comment on the political race heating up there at the moment. Will it be Portia, or the Solid as a Rock man? Or will it be the 65 to one prize winner? Or could it be the Doc? Not you Doc. D.

Blog you soon.

5 comments:

G. Cornelius said...

Hope get your revolutionary juices flowing back soon...I'll keep you posted

Abeni said...

I don't want to even think bout hurricanes but yeah good and timely reminder

Mad Bull said...

I don't really like Peter. Portia is uncertain in temperament, but otherwise she seems sound. Don't like the rest. I guess I back Portia. Hope she gets in.

Abeni said...

Global voices has linked your article

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Never too early to talk about hurricane. I fret for my family and all other folks I know.

Hey, congrats, Global Voices linked this article.