Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Windies get an irish shrink? Is that so?


Now, I know that the termn"shrink" is not medically precise, however, I heard today that the Windies have taken on an Irish sports psychologist who was previously the psychologist for Ice Hockey teams!. Amazing. I suppose all the test nations must have them. And anything would help right now. Poor Windies. I suppose some might think it strange with an Irish sponsor (Digicel) and now an Irish mind twista?

And how in the world did BC Lara (and others) get excluded from the game by the WICB against the kiwis because of his C&W deals, again? What the hell is going on? We really look foolish, you know. Our cricketing cockups really need to end. Its not like Digicel is giving the players any amount of money which would be an incentive for them to be exclusive to Digicel. Lara likes Carnival, I know, but come on guys, lets get real for goodness sake. These disputes seem relatively easy to compromise.

And can you imagine the discussions between our players and this shrink? It would be like

Shrink: And how are you feeling today, Shiv?

Shiv: Ein feelin too hot today, leh we have a lime nuh?

Shrink: Citrus contains a high content of acid, therefore care should be taken prior to consumption. What about your mental faculties, are you feeling stable?

Shiv: The last time I went stable, Brian down deh groomin horse, because de man dem leave if off the team 'cause o de endorsement deals for C&W.

Shrink: I don't endorse dat view, however we should explore the possibility of hypnosis.

Shiv: I eh doin dat eh. How bout some Guiness?

Shrink: Nice talking to you, Shiv. Hopefully I'll get somewhere with Wavell or one of the Dwayne's.

Better yet, can you imagine some of the discussions with Sir Gary?

All in good fun, folks, all in good fun.

5 comments:

Scratchie said...

think the selectors need the shrink more than the players

Abeni said...

LOl,anyway Brian contract safe but he chose to not play ODIS any more.So Ri do you check caribbeancricket.com?

Mad Bull said...

Er, who's Sir Gary?

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

HAHAHAAAAAA, how you get Shiv so good, RI?

Man look, when I think about cricket and the Windies, I get so vex. They need more than shrink.

Angry Dog said...

LOL, extremely funny stuff!!! :) Le we have a lime...sound like a Trini to me!