Monday, October 31, 2005

Miscellany

Hello out there in blogsville

Hope you are having a good Halloween (if you are in a place that celebrates that) - my kids have their costumes ready, and hopefully they will collect some candy tonight without getting wet by the rainfall that we have been so fortunate to receive, continuously now for several, wet days.

I just tried to upload a couple of interesting pics sent by cousin Deb from Jam, but Blogger was having errors, my word, I guess the pics were to hot for Blogger - oh well, if you post your email address as a comment, I shall be sure to send those nice pics for you to contemplate.. My heart still palpitates in the after effects of having eyed them carefully.

Like certain of my bloggionista amigos, I am now battling the 'flu, hopefully I can get rid of it shortly.

On a sad note, we have all seen the news about the killing of 2 young Roman Catholic priests in the land of my birth, Jamaica. An amazing article has been written by Father Ho Lung, mentioning that the killer(s) are in fact forgiven. This is another article as I have been unable to retrieve Ho Lung's. Read it here.

The killing was also published by CNN

This is one of the most saddest stories to have emerged from Jamaica. You know, my cousin who visited with me recently told me that part of the blame for crime in Jamaica rests with me, as I have not returned there to help resolve it. Amazing. Apparently he was blameless, but I was blameworthy.

I just tried again to upload those pics.. for a moment of breathless relief, however let me know and I will email to any of you daring enough to post your email address as a comment to this -

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I man bun a fire on the halloween foolishness! But it is certainly seeping in the Jamaican culture like a viral disease!

The crime situation in Jamaica is like a nasty festering sore that would heal. This gives a bad view of the country since CNN is bathing, and rolling in this unfortunate incident. This killing is going to hurt Jamaica more than we think.

Mad Bull said...

madbullfeva @ hotmail dot com, my yute... Hey, you cousin sounds like he want a box!

Rev Island said...

Dr. D

Cuz said him dah do nuttin.

I am not a catholic but I really feel a way re the killing of the priests. It is is a low down, dirty shame. And not because it is bad publicity (even though it is) it is a bad thing.

Small island - true thing - but despite the hard times I hope all of us at least reject crime as unnacceptable. That is the first step.

Abeni said...

Sad indeed.Pictures of males or females?

Marc M said...

I'd like to see the pics reggae4@yahoo.com.

Very sad this crime and violence thing happening at home. There is a growing sense of hopelessness out there.

Your cousin is wrong. How many kids are being sent to school by money being sent back by Jamaicans working abroad? How many families are able to by food because there relatives send money back?

Of course we need smart Jamaicans to go back and make a difference, but there is an equally important role to be played by Jamaicans not physically present in Jamaica.